by Kim on Friday, June 08, 2007

#53: Kristy for President

(in which our Valuable Lesson is about not overextending yourself. I feel like I should have paid more attention to this book as a youngster.)

"Today, for instance, Claudia was wearing lime green bicycle pants, a long, long bright pink shirt, and a cropped lime green striped shirt over that. She was also wearing black hightop leather sneakers with pink butterfly barrettes clipped to the laces. She has two feather earrings in one ear (lime green, of course), and a tiny pink heart in the other. Claudia's gorgeous - she has perfect skin and she's Japanese-American, with dark eyes and shining black hair (today it was pulled up on top of her head and fell down on one side). But even so, not many gorgeous people could get away with some of the outfits Claudia pulls together. But that's how she always looks. Pulled together and gorgeous."

Well, I guess after Dawn's Big Date, Claud had to find a way to out-80's New Dawn. Notice that she ripped off Dawn's feather-earrings-in-the-same-ear style? Claudia is out for revenge. I can only picture her journal entries: 'deer diare: its bad enouf that Stacey steels my thunder. now that damm hippy Dawn is doing it two!'

"Claudia was dressed fairly conservatively: white jeans, red shoes with big bows, a tropical jungle shirt with each button shaped like a piece of fruit, and her hair pulled to one side with a banana barrette."

Totally Tropical Claud. Awesome.


"Claud's hair was down, but she was wearing a hat. On the green hat ribbon was pinned a 'Kristy+' button. Her tights were orange and her dress was tie-dyed every color you could think of. She was wearing her feather earrings, and she'd drawn a star on her face next to her right eye."

Sorry Dawn, it looks like Claudia's back on top. I guess your only solution is to just give up on this East Coast thing and move back to California.

4 comments

Jesus...fruit shaped buttons? Who can top that?!

I totally am one of the many readers of this blog who idolized Claudia. Mostly because she was sooo cool and she was one of the first Asian American girls written in a book series that I could look up to (I am Korean-American). The only sucky thing? Where the hell was I supposed to find purple high tops AND feather belts?!?! Although in my middle school hey dey, I have to say that I did pull some outrageous Claud-esque outfits.

by Braving the Arirang on 10:55 PM. #

That diary comment was freaking hilarious. Your blog is my favorite thing ever.

by yourfriendrobin on 8:42 AM. #

I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you...
Yellowstone Kevin Costner Jacket

by Robin David on 10:58 AM. #

This is the first time that I visit here. I found so many exciting matters in this particular blog, One thing I would like to request you that pls keep posting such type of informative blog.The Umbrella Academy S03 Coat

by markwillsan on 4:37 AM. #

Leave your comment