by Kim on Friday, August 03, 2007

#31: Dawn's Wicked Stepsister

(In the previous entry, so@24 asked when Logan Bruno is going to get some love. The sad truth is: not until he starts wearing oversized sweatshirts and sandals that lace up to his knees.)

"And her clothes! Nobody dresses like Claudia. She is totally cool. She wears funky stuff like pink sparkly high-topped sneakers, or short flared skirts over skintight leggings, or wild jewelry she's made herself. She's good at pottery and is always creating earrings (she has one hole in one ear and two in the other) or beaded necklaces or bracelets."

Leggings. No comment. But seriously, if she (or Ghostwriter) had strung those items together, it'd kinda be an outfit. A ridiculous one, but I think we've established that's pretty much par for the course at this point.

Later, at a meeting, they start talking about what they're going to wear to some dance. These girls LOVE going to dances.

"'I'm wearing my pink dress,' said Claudia. 'The short one. And my earrings look like globes. Oh, and a necklace I made from candy.'

'You had candy in your room and you didn't eat it?' I said."

Snap.

8 comments

Was this a candy necklace or a necklace made of candy? And if it's the latter, what kind of candy? Easily stringable things like lifesavers, maybe, or a lollipop ring pendant?

by shegotzen on 7:23 PM. #

I know, it kind of blows my mind, too. I mean, wouldn't it be kinda . . . tacky? like, in a very literal sense?

by Kim on 8:02 PM. #

I remember earrings shaped like globes. I wanted a pair so badly. In third grade.

by Sarah Brown on 6:10 PM. #

It's funny how short skirts w/skin tight leggings are actually a fashion trend at the current moment. As for candy necklaces, I had a necklace made of candy, but I bet Claudia more creative than some SweetTarts on an elastic band!

by Mehreen on 3:16 AM. #

In fourth grade I used to make my own earrings, and actually made globe earrings out of some keychains I found in a dollar store, based on Claudia's. I think I still have them somewhere.

by meghan on 7:32 PM. #

i stumbled across your blog via blackcigarette (as i'm sure many people did) but i just wanted to tell you how hilarious it is! miss kishi's outstanding fashion statements speak for themselves but your commentary is so funny and spot-on! do you remember the babysitter's dolls? i definitely had claudia. if i recall correctly (i don't know where she is these days) she's sporting neon pink leggings, a white button down, purple short overalls and matching purple cowboy boots! fantastic! anyways, thanks for singlehandedly reawakening my love for the bsc! ha!

by lo on 7:44 PM. #

Omg I'm so jealous of Lo. I want a Claudia doll!
And it was kinda shocking to hear her say "I'm wearing my pink dress. The short one."
Wouldn't she have more than one pink short dress???

by Stace on 4:05 PM. #

Dawn's Wicked Stepsister is a captivating story that unravels the complexities of family dynamics. While enjoying this narrative, I couldn't help but reflect on the broader socio-economic issues it touches upon. For those interested in exploring these societal themes further, consider checking out socio-economic free samples to gain valuable insights and perspectives

by issabella on 6:29 AM. #

Leave your comment