by Kim on Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Moment with Kim: Diaper Changes We Can Believe In.


Do you guys feel good or bad about all the cheeky, "we're so very clever" celebrity PSAs? Do you feel like maybe they're kind of self-important, or perhaps that you're being talked down to and treated like you are so politically apathetic that you can only be spurred into action by footage of Christina Aguilera serenading her flag-draped baby?

You're not the only one who feels that way.



Okay, let me figure out a way to relate this post back to the BSC. Wait for it . . . wait for it . . .

(I know, the Photoshop skills continue to amaze. Consider the blatant horrendousness [I checked with Claudia, she's pretty sure this is a word] part of the joke.)

Woah, looks like Obama's got a new campaign advisor in the final days of this absolutely critical presidential election! Good for him; he's gotta make sure he has all his bases covered, right?

"So Claudia, I'm kind of concerned about how to pull in the ignorant redneck vote. I mean, Palin's really charming them out there with all of that Joe Six-pack shit. How are we going to combat that crap?"

"I've been thinking about this all night while eating HoHos, and shortly before slipping into a sugar coma I came up with the solution. Here, I've created you a belt made entirely from flattened Budweiser cans and beef jerky."

"Wow, hiring you was the best thing that's happened to my campaign since McCain picked Palin! I think I'll keep you on as my Fashion Advisor. But you aren't allowed to do any writing. That spelling is atrocious. We'll get you a secretary or something."

When I sent in my voter registration form (well, change of address registration form) I wrote "Go Obama!" on the back and drew some hearts for emphasis. True story. I figured it would make the postman smile. It sure made me smile. And I bet I can make you smile, too: you're about to be Barack-rolled.

10 comments

omfg. This feels like a historial post on What Claudia Wore. Just saying. I have enjoyed it more than this comment box can express.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LULZ!

by courtney summers on 1:46 AM. #

AMAZING

by whitney on 8:06 AM. #

Photoshop is sweeet!

by nikki on 9:05 AM. #

Brilliant as always, Kim. Absolutely hilarious.

And now that I think about it, it was fucking messed up that Claudia's diet consisted only of candy... wolfing it down during meetings. And poor Stacey had to settle for sugar free shit.

So cruel.

by So@24 on 2:35 PM. #

epic.
this made me lol. repeatedly.

by Namie on 9:19 PM. #

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST! So awesome.

by Unknown on 10:10 AM. #

I heart this blog so much! Thanks so much for reviving all my memories of reading the most awesome books ever. I'm now realizing where I've gotten my impulse to wear the strange combination of clothing that I wear.

And to see our future President (fingers crossed) on here, as well, is like the cherry on top. Remember to get your bodies in the voting booth on Nov. 4th, everyone!

by ayeshaloves on 3:34 PM. #

i think your blog is brilliant. i have never laughed so hard at any blog, ever.

by emily on 2:21 PM. #

"I've been thinking about this all night while eating HoHos"

... man, if I had a dime for everytime I've said that.

by francine on 3:09 PM. #

Conservative girls read BSC too. BTW, how do you think Barack is doing so far? Haha

by Unknown on 9:08 PM. #

Leave your comment