The PR folks over at Digby & Iona sent me a press release about that stump ring. Not a big deal - I tend to get them from time to time, I think all fashion bloggers* do. Except I'm bitter about this press release, because that ring is intense and I totally want it and the last thing I should be spending my money on is more statement jewelry. As I was salivating, B. looked over my shoulder and suggested that if they REALLY wanted me to write about it, they'd send me one. But here I am, writing about it anyway. So you win, Digby & Iona. But I'm not linking to your site. Because I am bitter.
Things you can entertain yourself with until I post an actual entry:
- Enjoy "Say Hello to Ur Friends": The Baby-sitters Club - Reloaded at McSweeney's (thanks @taliyahalom)
- Annoy your coworkers with The Complex "Jersey Shore" Soundboard
- Meg likes her fashion "with a healthy dose of rage and sparkle", like Claudia after the inevitable reality bites phase hits.
- Stare into the existential void with Unhappy Hipsters
- Knit yourself a badass squirrel sweater Claudia would definitely approve of. Incorporate it into a theme outfit involving acorn earrings and hand-painted treebranch leggings.
* if that's what you can call this . . . not sure I would, but try telling that to the folks over at Jean Straps (seriously . . . jean straps).
Critical "I like to be told I'm funny" update: I clearly do not have a future in PR, because I just got an e-mail from Digby & Iona and I was expecting it to read "bitch, it ain't our fault you're poor!" Because that would've been my reaction. Instead, I was thanked for mentioning the ring and - the real kicker - told that "the post was simply hilarious." Flattery will get you everywhere, Digby & Iona. You win again!
(I expect an e-mail from the Jean Straps people extoling my comedic genius within the next few days.)